Anyone who requires a companion – including guide dogs – to accompany them to Storyhouse events can bring a personal assistant at no charge:
- Book over the phone by calling 0844 815 7202
- Book in person at Storyhouse or by visiting the Chester Visitor Information Centre
- Book online by joining our Access Register
To join the Access Register, we just need the name, address and (if applicable) e-mail address of the person joining to update your record on our box office system. Once someone has joined, they can:
– Access a carer or free companion ticket to events when booking online
– Leave details of access requirements or provisions that would help make their visit easier – this might be anything from requiring a headset for the loop system, preferring an end of aisle seat, or that they may bring an assistance dog. (Customers don’t have to leave details if none are relevant or they don’t wish to do so)
– Learn more about accessible events – such as subtitles films, BSL performances, or relaxed events – as and when they’re programmed
We don’t ask for any proof or evidence, as it were, for people to join – we just take it on the word of the customer.
If customers need specific seats or advice when booking, our Box Office line (0844 815 7202) will be happy to help.
To join, please contact Andrew Reece (firstname.lastname@example.org), who can also answer any queries, concerns or feedback regarding your visit to Storyhouse.
The whole building, including the library, theatre, cinema and studio, is accessible via a lift, with wheelchair access to all areas.
* Wheelchair spaces are available in the theatre (at Stalls, Circle and Gallery levels), studio and cinema [see above to book]
* Assistance Dogs welcome [see above to book]
* Ramp access at ground floor levels
* The café and bar areas are on the ground floor, and are accessible with no stairs
* Accessible toilets are available on every floor with a Changing Place toilet on the ground floor
* Baby changing facilities are provided in all accessible toilets
* Low level counter at the café
* Portable induction loop
* Large format print available on request [see above]
Disabled parking and drop-offs
* The nearest car park is Market which has 8 disabled spaces – 200 metres from nearest exit
* There is free on street parking /car park for blue badge holders on Hamilton Place and Goss Street (4 hours max) – c.300 metres away
* The best place for drop-offs is Northgate Street – 20 metres away