Interested in coding, programming or electronic?
This two-hour fun, creative and hands-on coding with Micro:Bit workshop is the perfect activity to get you to discover and show off your creative coding talents.
You will discover the techniques and tools required to program a Micro:Bit. You will learn the process of planning, coding, flashing and running your own program. We use a free online coding platform so you can continue the fun at home.
Who is this course for:
We suggest a minimum age of 8 for this workshop. If you’re not quite old enough why not see if an adult up can stay and help you during the session.
What you’ll learn:
– What a Micro:Bit is.
– How a Micro:Bit Functions. (What it can do)
– Introduce coding mentality. (Problem Solving, Bug Fixing, Testing etc)
– How to use block-based coding.
– Writing code and making programs.
– How to flash(Upload) code to Micro:Bits
– Beta Testing Micro:Bit programs (playing with code on Micro:Bit)
What you will leave with:
As well as leaving with your new found knowledge and skills, you will receive a certificate and pin badge that shows you have successfully completed this workshop and you are a certified MakoCreater.
Equipment you’ll need:
All equipment will be provided on the day, you just need to bring yourself.