Applications for the 2018 course are now open!
British Film Institute Film Academy is a week-long film-making course (during half-term) at Storyhouse.
Are you 16-19? Passionate about film? Want a career in the film industry?
If so, the BFI Film Academy Chester is for you.
BFI Film Academy Chester at Storyhouse in 2017:
What is BFI Film Academy?
The BFI Film Academy Chester, run by Storyhouse, the University of Chester and Reel Solutions, is a film-making course that will start on Saturday 27 October 2017 and run until 2 November 2018 with a premiere event at Storyhouse mid-late November.
During the course, you will:
- Get hands-on filmmaking experience.
- Explore your own creativity and passions in a supportive and dynamic environment.
- Gain invaluable experience working alongside industry professionals who are respected practitioners in their field.
- Experience immersive 360° as well as 2D film.
- Work towards creating a practical film-based immersive project, either individually or as part of a team.
- Achieve a Bronze Arts Award qualification.
As a participant of the Film Academy:
- You will get the chance to be part of our future film industry and will be one of the first in the UK to focus on 360° filmmaking, Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality.
- You will gain and develop invaluable skills working alongside industry professionals in scripting, casting, producing, camera work, sound recording, editing and post-production, resulting in at least one completed short film.
- This is a unique opportunities to build contacts, gain practical knowledge about different areas of the industry, plus how to promote and exhibit your films.
- Once you have completed the Network course, you will become part the growing BFI Film Academy alumni network with access to events such as BAFTA career talks.
Take a look at some of the great short films made by previous participants at the BFI Film Academy.
What does it cost?
The one-off course fee is £25, however bursaries are available for participants who need financial help with the costs of travel, childcare or other costs.
If you think you will struggle to pay the £25 course fee, please still apply – if you have the passion and are the right fit we’ll make sure you can attend. More information about who can apply for bursaries can be found here.
Who can apply?
We welcome applications from talented young filmmakers from all backgrounds, aged 16-19. If you are currently at university, or will be enrolled at university when the course starts, we regret to inform you that you are not able to apply.
How do I apply?
Please use the application form to apply.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline 8th October
BFI Film Academy 2018: around the UK