Storyhouse Young Film Programmers
Applications for Young Programmers are now closed. Keep an eye out for the next programme!
Do you love watching films? Are you passionate about cinema? Have you ever considered a career in the film industry but don’t know where to start? Would you like to programme for film festivals or for cinemas? Do you need to do voluntary work at festivals to get your foot in the door?
The Storyhouse Young Film Programmers opportunity offers 16-24 year-olds the chance to understand all aspects of film programming, marketing, exhibition and distribution, giving you the opportunity to put your learning into practice and ultimately programme and produce a film festival to run at Storyhouse between February 1st and 3rd 2018.
We are looking for around 20 committed film fans ready to start this exciting programme in early October.
Through this programme you’ll:
· Meet industry professionals
· Learn about film programming and marketing
· Plan, run, market and host a film festival in Storyhouse
· Have the opportunity to attend film screenings
· Join a national Young Programmers forum that highlights opportunities across the UK
· Collaborate with like-minded film buffs
· Meet and be committed to fifteen Thursday evenings in Storyhouse from October 2017 to February 2018
· Work towards the Silver Arts Award Qualification.
2016 Young Programmers took part in the following activity:
· Organised a film festival at St Mary’s Church
· Selected a season of films to screen in Storyhouse Cinema across the school summer holidays
· Selected films for the national INTO Film Festival taking place in November 2017 for school children across the UK
· Attended the Leeds International Film Festival and Flatpack festival in Birmingham
· Attended the Independent Cinema Office Film Screening Days for industry professionals to watch films in advance of their cinema releases