We’re all children to parents somewhere.
Some of us one day choose to become parents ourselves. Some of us don’t choose it, but turn into parents anyway. Some of us want it but face grief and loss in pursuit of it. Even those of us that choose it, don’t have a clue what it really means until a new life explodes normal into nonsense.
This festival creates safe spaces to learn about, confront and honestly share the highs and lows of parenting and a space to hear real-life stories, poetry, body image campaigns for parents, bonding, fatherhood, single parenting and hypnobirthing
A co-curated community festival in partnership, Mummy Yoga, Mothers’ Mental Health Matters (#MMhM) and Breast Feeding Friendly Chester, Mother Nurture, Confident Birth Chester and Motherwell Cheshire.
All events will be relaxed and meet the needs of breastfeeding mothers, however not all events are child-friendly so please check online or at the festival hub in Storyhouse throughout the weekend before booking.
Places on workshops, talks and take part activities will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Activities: Hula! Various
- Activities: Storyhouse Parent: Market Place Storyhouse
- Activities: Giant Rhymetime The Kitchen
- Activities: Play at Storyhouse Parent Festival Various
- Activities: Hypnobirthing Workshop Meeting Room
- Activities: Storyhouse Parent: Opening Address & Poetry Performance Garret Theatre
- Activities: Big Feed Photo Call The Kitchen
- Activities: Real Life Stories Garret Theatre
- Activities: Dear Diary: Creative Writing about Parenting Various
- Activities: Zentangle Taster Workshop The Den