Here is some information on how we are navigating the latest challenges…
We know some of you will be enjoying getting back to full audiences in theatres and cinemas, and some of you will prefer more space and protection.
Thankfully, Storyhouse is a supremely safe space and so, as we open up a wider range of theatre shows and cinema screenings, we’ll be providing options for everyone.
· From September, there will be some theatre shows with full audiences, some shows with lots more space, and also a small number of fully shielded* shows. These will be clearly labelled. So, our Christmas show for instance, will have all three options available.
· Each option will be clearly labelled at the point of booking, so you are in control of your own comfort level.
· All performances and screenings at Storyhouse up until 26 August will remain socially distanced. Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre and Moonlight Flicks will both remain socially distanced for the whole of the rest of the summer.
· Face coverings in theatre and cinema spaces are now very actively encouraged, although no longer compulsory.
· You’ll still need to bring a face covering to enter Storyhouse and these are mandatory in queues, loos, and on the move; in other words at the obvious safety points.
· 100% of the air in our theatre and cinema is fresh, none of it is recirculated, and Storyhouse has plenty of big, airy and safe spaces.
· For entry to some events after the summer, we may use accreditation (passes or a negative test) in line with current government advice. We’ll let you know if this becomes a thing for us. Right now, it’s not.
Storyhouse has probably been the busiest cultural building in the UK through all this. We’re highly experienced in keeping you safe and happy and we have no intention of letting up now.
We’re really feeling for our industry at the moment, as we all wriggle out of the pandemic. Please bear with us all as we chop, change and generally hack our way out.
We are here for you, you’re here for us – thank you!
Apparently, it’s all down to all of us now. That’s fine by us, we’ve got it.
See you soon.
*Fully shielded means mandatory face coverings and formal distancing.
Find out more about how we’re keeping you safe here:
Storyhouse: Keeping You Safe
Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre: Your Visit
Moonlight Flicks – Deans Field: Your Visit
Moonlight Flicks – Claremont Farm: Your Visit
Moonlight Flicks – Snugburys: Your Visit