If you’re not already a library member, you can now join the library online and immediately access all of Cheshire West and Chester Libraries’ online resources. If you are a member, you can skip straight to what’s available to you whilst Storyhouse is temporarily closed.
How do I join the library online?
Head here and complete the form, and then email email@example.com with your full name, date of birth and postcode and you’ll receive your card number. You’ll need the card number to access the online resources.
What will be available to me once I’ve joined?
All of the below are available for free to anyone with a Cheshire West and Chester libraries card number:
• Audiobooks: a huge range of audiobooks including the latest releases, are available to download via RBDigital. Register here for RBDigital with your library card number, or download the RBDigital app to your device.
• Newspapers: digital editions of current newspapers as well as back-copies are are available via Newsbank. Register here.
• Archives: browse the Times Digital Archive as far back as 1785 here.
Library loans and limits extended
To alleviate some of the impact upon library users in the current situation, the following steps have been taken:
• All loans have been extended until the end of April
• Any new fines incurring have been halted
• The loan limit will be increased to 30
• The limit on all renewals will be removed
• There will be no charge for holds not collected
• Hold collection time has been extended to 3 weeks
• The expiry of borrower accounts will been paused
This house is your house. Storyhouse is temporarily closed – find out more here.
Cheshire West and Chester’s 24-hour renewal line is 03001237739.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Storyhouse library.