We are looking for four trainee actors for our Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre Productions this summer!
Storyhouse is proud to support local performers and emerging talent in Cheshire. We want to create meaningful opportunities for local performers to move into a career in the arts. We are now recruiting trainee actors aged 18 to 50 to work in our professional acting ensemble this summer. (You can be 17 years old now but must be 18 by 13 May 2019)
Performers will take roles in our open air productions of Twelfth Night and Henry V performing at Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre. The performers will be paid trainees, and receive mentoring and support from our team throughout their contract. We are looking for both male and female performers who are looking to further/start their training as actors. This opportunity is not for professional actors who have already completed training.
We need four performers. (Two each for Twelfth Night and Henry V)
We are looking for people who are smart, imaginative and resourceful. You must feel comfortable working with the text and have a strong vocal quality to deliver it. Music and magic skills are a bonus but not essential, but we are looking for confident singer and movers. This brilliant opportunity requires committed and passionate young actors, with stamina and real talent.
Storyhouse is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications from people within the community and we would particularly welcome applications from BAME and disabled applicants. All castings will be made on merit.
Trainee Actor Brief
- Aged 18 to 50
- You must live within 25 miles of Chester
- You must have an enjoyment of music and movement
- You should be interested in working with the text
- Must be available for one of the audition dates/times (below)
- You must be available for ALL performances on Henry V/Twelfth Night
- You must be available to work 24 hours per week between Monday 13 May and Saturday 29 May (The rehearsal schedule will be confirmed with your availability in mind but we do rehearse Monday to Saturday)
- You must be be fully available from Tuesday 2 July to Sunday 7 July for Twelfth Night Tech Week or Tuesday 23 July to Sunday 28 July for Henry V Tech Week.
Audition date: Tuesday 23rd April
Audition group 1: 2pm-5pm
Audition group 2: 6pm-9pm
The auditions will be a group based workshop led by Loveday Ingram (director of Henry V) and Alex Clifton, Storyhouse’s artistic director. There will be some group singing, movement and acting within the 3 hour session. We will audition for both shows at the same time but feel free to state if you are more interested in either show (this could be due to your date availability) on the application form.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and audition slot.