Young Marketers will start again in January 2023.
YS Marketers is a free programme at Storyhouse for 16-25 year olds to give you an insight into using social media, advertising, design, photography at Storyhouse. You’ll go behind-the-scenes at Storyhouse to find out how marketing works in the arts.
Could I be a YS Marketer?
Yes! If you wish to develop creative skills and work collaboratively in a team.
You may already have some interest in marketing, be curious about it or this could be completely new to you. All are welcome at Young Marketers!
What do YS Marketers do?
As a YS Marketer you will;
• Find out all about arts marketing at Storyhouse
• Take part in weekly sessions delivered by the Storyhouse marketing team
• Be invited to masterclasses with industry professionals
• Get key skills and build a portfolio of experience
• Influence the way we reach young audiences and have a direct impact on our marketing
• Meet like-minded creative people
• Collaborate with other Young Storyhouse members
Here are some examples of what you might get stuck into:
• Learn how to run social media campaigns
• Find out how to create digital content (from animations and video footage to trailers and reels)
• Write for different audiences (including for the website, blogs, social media and press releases)
• Host press nights for Storyhouse events
• Design and action your own marketing campaigns
When do YS Marketers meet?
The programme runs from January 2023 – July 2023
The sessions run every Wednesday late afternoons.
What else do I need to know?
It is completely free!
You do not need to have lots of knowledge or experience of marketing – just a keen interest in finding out more!
The sessions run on a weekly basis.
On occasions you may be invited other events outside of the usual session times, such as press nights, watching rehearsals or meeting community groups in Storyhouse. These are optional.
Some of the work that you agree to create will be done outside of the sessions and you will be able to keep in touch with each other over our designated channel on Slack, an easy-to-use and free messaging service.
We have a Safe Space Code of Conduct that you can find here. If you think anything is missing or could be made clearer let us know!
If you have any more questions about YS Marketers, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I join?
Fill out the form below to let us know you’re interested in joining! One of the YS team will be back in touch with you soon.
The information that you have provided will be used to contact you about the programme, you will hear from one of the young storyhouse team very soon.
YS Marketers Sign-Up Form
This information will form a digital file that will be used to record the progress of your enquiry as well as any programmes that you may join. Information that we collect from you will be kept for a reasonable time this is to manage your enquiry and to meet any funder or statutory requirements should you join the programme.