The current Young Programmers are working on a project around a Black History film season. We will be recruiting soon for the next Young Programmers project.
Current Black History Film Season Project.
We want young Black people involved in our programming, starting with the cinema for our upcoming Black History season. We seek to illuminate and create a safe space for young Black people in Chester and surrounding areas to share stories, connect and amplify Black experiences and voices. Young Programmers sessions are currently on Zoom, meaning we are able to welcome applications from young people from anywhere in the UK. Young Programmers sessions are currently on Zoom, meaning we are able to welcome applications from young people from anywhere in the UK.
We are looking for young people from anywhere in the UK with things to say, aged 14-25, to join our existing Young Programmers. At Storyhouse we want to embrace the ideals of the #OwnVoices, our doors are open to help represent marginalised groups in our community to share their stories.
Young Programmers offers young people the chance to understand and learn all aspects of programming a cultural centre including marketing, exhibition and distribution, event management, scheduling and working as a team. You will put on your own events taking over Storyhouse spaces and be mentored by Storyhouse staff and other industry professionals.
We are looking for committed film, theatre and events fans to start this exciting programme. Applicants must be available on Monday evenings (4.30pm-5.30pm) to take part.
The sessions and masterclasses will run via Zoom, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, if you have any questions or concerns.
Through this programme you will:
- Receive mentoring and training
- Meet industry professionals
- Learn about programming, marketing and event management
- Plan, run, market and host festivals and events in Storyhouse and on Storyhouse digital platforms
- Develop a portfolio of experience
- Have the opportunity to attend film screenings
- Collaborate with like-minded young people
- Option to work towards your Arts Award Qualification.
Young Programmers have:
- Organised and hosted special film events at Storyhouse
- Attended the Independent Cinema Office Film Screening Days for industry professionals to watch films in advance of their cinema releases
- Programmed open mic nights in Storyhouse Garret Theatre
- Programmed and managed building takeovers for Young Takeover
- Programmed and managed online takeovers of Young Takeover
To apply, please complete the below form.