We’re excited to announce a brand new festival celebrating Chester’s diverse speaking cultures, in January 2019. Storyhouse Festival of Languages will take place between 23 – 27 January and will welcome Chester’s international community to come together to share their unique cultures.
Alex Clifton, artistic director, Storyhouse said: “Chester is a diverse and creative community, with languages from across the world spoken in every corner of the borough. Storyhouse Festival of Languages will bring the community together to showcase and share their cultures.”
Storytelling, workshops and performance make up the festival line – up as well as leading figures on public speaking and the city’s first ever Human Library.
- Activities: Language Exchange The Kitchen
- Activities: Italian Community – Open Class The Kitchen
- Activities: Poetry Slam Garret Theatre Book now
- Activities: Spanish for adults Meeting Room
- Activities: Arts and Crafts – Zine Making The Den
- Activities: Human Library The Kitchen
- Activities: Polish Storytime Various
- Activities: Discover Poland and the Polish Language The Kitchen
- Activities: Kimono Dressing The Kitchen
- Activities: Improv Comedy Workshop (Intention) Garret Theatre Book now