Storyhouse is recruiting partner schools for the next academic year (2021-22). This is an exciting opportunity to bring experienced creative learning practitioners to your school!
Book a free consultationBook a free consultation with one of Storyhouse's Creative Learning Practitioners to discuss your school's creative and wellbeing needs.
We have a successful model of working in creative partnerships with primary and secondary schools, colleges and universities. Working alongside your teachers, our Creative Learning Practitioners enhance the learning of children and young people.
A Storyhouse Creative Learning Practitioner spends one day per week in your school, leading arts-based curriculum workshops, designed by Storyhouse in partnership with you.
Benefits to your school include:
- Workshops designed by Storyhouse creative learning practitioners in partnership with your teachers.
- Our work is influenced by the late educationalist Dorothy Heathcote who saw the relationships between ‘expert’ adults and children as a collaborative endeavour.
- Using blending project-based learning with drama, students explore multiple perspectives, to find solutions to complex problems.
- Students develop skills including communication, teamwork, resilience, negotiation skills and self-esteem, as well as developing their creative-arts expertise.
- Students develop greater awareness and understanding of the arts and creativity as a means of learning.
- Students develop social connection through participation.
- Students benefit from practical insights into the work of a busy cultural centre CPD for teachers to develop and apply new skills, working with the practitioner.
- Students and their families engage in cultural activities. Increase in family and teacher’s participation in arts and culture activities in the area, increasing understanding and awareness.
- Schools and Storyhouse working together in a combined approach to learning, reflecting the LCEP vision.
Download a pack with further information and a selection of our pre-designed workshops that you can book for the summer term.
Rhianne and Jacob are Storyhouse’s Creative Learning Practitioners!
Find out more about them here.