There’s loads going on at WayWord this February half-term (Sat 17 – Sat 24 Feb), with everything from coding and acting to music and comedy.
We don’t want you to miss out, so have created a few ‘mini guides’ to help you make your WayWord the perfect half-term treat!
Spend the day at Storyhouse on Monday 19 Feb, your first proper day of half-term!
- 10am: Artful Playground: Interactive Musical Storyelling – A FREE magical thrill-ride of storytelling and music!
- 11am: Enjoy free arts and crafts in The Kitchen. You could even buy a chocolate brownie!
- 12.30pm: Have a dance in The Kitchen with the Artful Playground Swing Band.
- 1pm: Grab lunch in The Kitchen
- 2pm: Go get messy at the Paint It! drop-in in The Den, and enjoy more free arts and crafts.
- 3pm: Clean up then settle down with a book in the Storytelling Room, or pop up to the Willard Wigan Exhibition to see mini masterpieces.
- 4pm: Head to The Kitchen at WayWord Flicks, to enjoy The Gruffalo on the big screen.
Enjoy the Show!
Everywhere is a stage this half-term at WayWord, so come and enjoy the show!
- Sat 17 Feb, 4pm: See – and hear! – masterclass beatboxer Lee Gibling at work
- Sun 18 – Sat 24 Feb, 1am – 4pm: Prepare to be amazed… Willard Wigan Exhibition
- Sun 18 Feb, 3pm: Grab your headphones and your dancing shoes for the Silent Disco!
- Tue 20 Feb, 10am: Learn songs from the musicals in this Singing Workshop
- Wed 21 Feb, 4pm: Enjoy a stand-up comedy gig with Funny Looking Kids: Comedy Club
Get Stuck In
Do you enjoy a more hands on experience?
- Sun 18 Feb, 11.30am: Imaginatively explore Swan Lake in this Ballet Dance Workshop
- Mon 19 Feb, 12pm: Get the family together with a Family Dance Workshop
- Tue 20 Feb, 2pm: Gain new moves and choreograph a dance in this Hip-Hop Workshop
- Thu 22 Feb, 10am: Make your very own Dream Catcher in this creative crafting workshop
- Sat 24 Feb, 10am: Create a brand new Play in a Day to perform in front of an audience
Whether you’re a budding scientist or a technician of the making, there’s plenty to keep curious minds engaged.
- Wed 21 Feb, 10am: Design, make and fly your own kite in our Kite Making Workshop
- Thu 22 Feb, 12.30pm: Develop your skills in this Computer Game Design Workshop
- Fri 23 Feb, 10am – 5pm: Beat the boredom with a Board Game at Storyhouse
- Sat 24 Feb, 12pm: The technology of the Tardis is revealed in The Science of Doctor Who
- Sat 24 Feb, 2.30pm: See how strong the force really is in The Science of Star Wars
Whether you like music, art or comedy, WayWord will delight and inspire you this half-term
- Sat 17 Feb, 2pm: Find out how to Beatbox with Lee Gibling in this hour-long workshop
- Sun 18 Feb, 10am: Discover the huge talent behind the tiny art with Willard Wigan
- Mon 19 Feb, 3pm: Witness the witty, stand-up poetry of the brilliant Sara Hirsch
- Tue 20 Feb, 10am: Learn and try different techniques in this Print Studio Workshop
- Wed 21 Feb, 2.30pm: Go on a musical journey around the world with Kabantu
Storyhouse is a place for everyone, and there’s plenty of free activities and events to enjoy. Here are just a few:
- Sat 17 Feb, 11am – 3pm: Go ape and create your very own Chimp Puppet
- Sun 18 Feb, 3 – 4pm: Grab your headphones and dancing shoes and head to the Silent Disco!
- Mon 19 Feb, 2pm – 4pm: Get creative in The Den all week in the afternoons
- Tue 20 Feb, 4.30pm: Step into the Bronze Age for some prehistoric fun at the Cavemen Party
- Wed 21 Feb, 10.15am & 11.15am: Rhymetime for under 5s is the perfect morning treat
- Thu 22 Feb, 2pm – 4pm: Create a self-portrait or a collage for Nature Day
- Fri 23 Feb, 10am – 5pm: Enjoy a traditional or a new Board Game from our library
- Sat 24 Feb, 3.30pm: See the talented youngsters in the Play in a Day performance
You can see the full listings of WayWord events here,