Anyone who requires an essential companion – including guide dogs – to accompany them to Storyhouse events can bring a personal assistant at no charge:
- Book over the phone by calling 01244 409 113 (option #1)
- Book in person at Storyhouse or by visiting the Chester Visitor Information Centre
We are currently updating our Box Office system to allow you to book tickets online and at our kiosks.
We don’t ask for any proof or evidence, as it were, for people to join – we just take it on the word of the customer.
If you need specific seats or advice when booking, our Box Office line (01244 409 113 – press option #1) will be happy to help.
The whole building, including the library, theatre, cinema and studio, is accessible via a lift, with wheelchair access to all areas.
- Fixed, counter-top and portable hearing loop systems available across the building
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the theatre (Stalls, Circle & Galley level), studio and cinema
- Assistance Dogs welcome throughout the building and to all events
- Low level counter for service at the bar in The Kitchen. For the Garret Bar, please use the end of the bar next to the window
- Large format print available on request
- Ramp access at ground floor levels.
- Accessible toilets are available on every floor, with a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor.
- Baby changing facilities are provided in all accessible toilets
Disabled parking and drop-offs
- The nearest car park is Market which has 8 disabled spaces – 200 metres from nearest exit
- There is free on street parking /car park for blue badge holders on Hamilton Place and Goss Street (4 hours max) – c.300 metres away
- The best place for drop-offs is Northgate Street – 20 metres away