If you require a carer or an essential companion – including a guide dog – to accompany you to Storyhouse events, then you can bring a personal assistant at no charge.
To join the Access Register: Call 01244 409 113 (option #1) or speak to a member of staff at Storyhouse. Once you are registered, you can access Free Essential Companion tickets for your carer when you book in any of the following ways:
- at storyhouse.com (log in to your web account before booking)
- over the phone by calling 01244 409 113 (option #1)
- in person at Storyhouse
If you need specific seats or advice when booking, our Box Office line (01244 409 113 – press option #1) will be happy to help.
The whole building, including the library, theatre, cinema and studio, is accessible via a lift, with wheelchair access to all areas.
- Fixed, counter-top and portable hearing loop systems available across the building
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the theatre (Stalls, Circle & Galley level), studio and cinema
- Assistance Dogs welcome throughout the building and to all events
- Low level counter for service at the bar in The Kitchen. For the Garret Bar, please use the end of the bar next to the window
- Large format print available on request
- Ramp access at ground floor levels.
- Accessible toilets are available on every floor, with a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor.
- Baby changing facilities are provided in all accessible toilets
Disabled parking and drop-offs
- The nearest car park is Market which has 8 disabled spaces – 200 metres from nearest exit
- There is free on street parking /car park for blue badge holders on Hamilton Place and Goss Street (4 hours max) – c.300 metres away
- The best place for drop-offs is Northgate Street – 20 metres away