Click to see the latest accessible theatre shows and cinema screenings
Anyone who requires a companion – including guide dogs – to accompany them to Storyhouse events can bring a personal assistant at no charge:
- Book over the phone by calling 0844 815 7202
- Book in person at Storyhouse or by visiting the Chester Visitor Information Centre
- Book online by joining our Access Register
To join the Access Register, we just need the name, address and (if applicable) e-mail address of the person joining to update your record on our box office system. Once someone has joined, they can:
– Access a carer or free companion ticket to events when booking online
– Leave details of access requirements or provisions that would help make their visit easier – this might be anything from requiring a headset for the loop system, preferring an end of aisle seat, or that they may bring an assistance dog. (Customers don’t have to leave details if none are relevant or they don’t wish to do so)
– Learn more about accessible events – such as subtitles films, BSL performances, or relaxed events – as and when they’re programmed
We don’t ask for any proof or evidence, as it were, for people to join – we just take it on the word of the customer.
If customers need specific seats or advice when booking, our Box Office line (0844 815 7202) will be happy to help.
To join, please fill in the form at the bottom of this page.
The whole building, including the library, theatre, cinema and studio, is accessible via a lift, with wheelchair access to all areas.
- Fixed, counter-top and portable hearing loop systems available across the building
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the theatre (Stalls, Circle & Galley level), studio and cinema
- Assistance Dogs welcome throughout the building and to all events
- Low level counter for service at the bar in The Kitchen. For the Garret Bar, please use the end of the bar next to the window
- Large format print available on request
- Ramp access at ground floor levels.
- Accessible toilets are available on every floor, with a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor.
- Baby changing facilities are provided in all accessible toilets
Disabled parking and drop-offs
* The nearest car park is Market which has 8 disabled spaces – 200 metres from nearest exit
* There is free on street parking /car park for blue badge holders on Hamilton Place and Goss Street (4 hours max) – c.300 metres away
* The best place for drop-offs is Northgate Street – 20 metres away