Did you know everytime you play The National Lottery you’re supporting British film as well as community projects in your local area?
To say THANK YOU we’re inviting you to join us and see a film on Lotto at Storyhouse on Sunday 30th September 2018 to be a part of the National Lottery Cinema Day. From cinematic classics, modern day masterpieces and new releases there will be something for everyone, all you need is your Lotto ticket purchased purchased online or in store for draws between 26th and 29th September to get a free adult cinema ticket on National Lottery Cinema Day.*
National Lottery players have helped fund thousands of projects across the British film industry, since 1994 they have supported and nurtured new talent through nationwide training & development schemes as well as engaging the next generation through educational initiatives in local schools and at BFI Academies. Their support has also helped British filmmakers to create extraordinary films such as The King’s Speech, Suffragette, Viceroy’s House and Pride and work with the BFI to engage new audiences through the BFI Film Audience Network and the BFI Audience Fund.
Tickets for the screenings are only available on the day in person at Storyhouse, we’re anticipating the day to be very popular so we suggest getting your tickets early on the day – tickets will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
Films screening on Sunday 30 September:
Director: Benjamin Renner, Patrick Imbert
Starring: Guillaume Darnault, Damien Witecka, KamelAbdessadok, Cline Ronte
Sweet animated stories from France about a Fox that thinks it’s a chicken, a Rabbit that acts like a stork, and a Duck who wants to replace Father Christmas.
Suitable for very young audiences.
New Release: King of Thieves (15) 12.45pm, 8.45pm
Director: James Marsh
Starring Michael Caine, Tom Courtenay, Jim Broadbent, Michael Gambon, Paul Whitehouse, Ray Winstone
The ultimate one-last-heist film. Based on the true Hatton Garden heist of 2015 a team of aging criminals get together to plan an epic multi-million pound robbery.
Director: Bart Layton
Stars: Evan Peters, Blake Jenner, Ann Dowd, Barry Keoghan, Udo Kier, Jared Abrahamson
Four bright and well-off college students in plot to steal rare books from their university’s Special Collections Library in a misguided quest for personal glory. A gripping true crime story of an audacious, yet totally incompetent, heist.
Director: Joel Coen, Ethan Coen
Starring: Jeff Bridges, John Goodman, Julianne Moore
Celebrating its’ 20th birthday – the ultimate slacker film is back on the big screen. A case of mistaken identity brings laid back ‘The Dude’ Jeff Lebowski into contact with Pasadena millionaire – Jeff Lebowski – in a tale of blackmail and bowling. The Coen brothers at their finest.
*Terms and Conditions Apply:
- One Lotto ticket provides free entry for one adult to any film of their choosing on Sunday 30th September 2018 only.
- Under 16s are not eligible for free tickets.
- All Lotto tickets purchased for draws between 26th and 29th September qualify for free entry for one adult to any film of their choosing on Sunday 30th September 2018 at Storyhouse. Each participating cinema has the right to refuse entry in the event of a venue reaching capacity, as well as for any other circumstances.
- Participants can see any film of their choosing providing that the screening is not at full capacity, and subject to standard film age certification regulations.
- Free tickets can only be claimed, in person, on Sunday 30th September 2018. They cannot be booked in advance.
- Free tickets have no cash value.
- The promoter is Storyhouse.
- In the event of queries on the day, the manager’s decision is final.