The New Vic Theatre and Storyhouse are hosting general auditions for BAME actors and those with a Staffordshire or Cheshire base. We are not casting any particular production but are keen to widen our knowledge of actors for future projects.
There are a limited number of slots, we will only be able to contact those who gain an audition this time, but will hold more general auditions in the future.
Who can apply:
- You must be over 18
- You must have trained and/or worked professionally as an actor
- You must be BAME and/or have a Staffordshire or Cheshire base.
What to prepare:
- Please prepare a 90 second monologue from a play written in the last 50 years
- We do not need you to be off book, but please ensure you are very familiar with your piece
- If you play an instrument or are a strong singer, you may also prepare a short musical piece, there won’t be a pianist so any singing would be A Capella.
- You will be meeting Zoë Waterman (Associate Director, New Vic Theatre); Alex Clifton (Artistic Director, Storyhouse) and Anji Carroll (Casting Director).
- Auditions will last for 15 minutes
- Wednesday 23 January at the New Vic Theatre (Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire)
- Thursday 24 January at Storyhouse (Chester, Cheshire)
Please state if you are only available on one of these days.
Applications should be sent via Spotlight. If you are not on Spotlight, but meet the criteria, then please email your CV to email@example.com. If you or your agent are able to submit via spotlight please DO NOT also send an email.
Storyhouse is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications from people within the community and whilst this set of auditions are focused on BAME actors, we are also looking to broaden our knowledge of actors with disabilities – we would encourage you to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org. All future castings for Storyhouse productions will be made on merit.