A weekend festival of performances, workshops, talks, films, crafts and debates to bring communities together and celebrate all that unites us.
The Great Get Together – part of Storyhouse’s Celebrating Age Programme
A celebration with older people at its heart.
The Great Get Together is inspired by Jo Cox’s belief that: “We have far more in common than that which divides us” and aims to raise awareness about how communities can work together to help end loneliness. Join us for a packed weekend of activities, talks, workshops, shows and special cinema screenings.
Co-curated with Brightlife: part of the National Lottery funded Ageing Better programme set up by the Big Lottery Fund to help combat social isolation and loneliness in Cheshire West and Chester.
In partnership with Brightlife
- Activities: Improv Gym for Over 50s Meeting Room
- Activities: Share a Memory Booth Cinema
- Activities: Sliver Singers The Kitchen
- Activities: The Great Get Together: Reminiscence Pass the Parcel Garret Theatre Book now
- Activities: Tai Chi for Health in Cheshire Garret Theatre
- Activities: The Great Get Together: Drumming @LIVE! Garret Theatre Sold out
- Cinema: Finding Your Feet (12A) Cinema Book now
- Activities: Dial House T-Club Breakfast Club The Kitchen
- Activities: The Great Get Together: Birds in the City Storyhouse Book now
- Activities: Hand Massage with Beehive Healthcare The Kitchen