Open Casting Call for General Self Tape Auditions – Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre and Storyhouse
Deadline: Wednesday 17 March
This is an open casting call. We will be casting in March/April for our Grosvenor Park Open Air Theatre summer season, and for several projects from the autumn onwards. This open call is for us to become more aware of local actors. We are also seeking to diversify in our produced work. We are committed to creating a team which is representative of our society, and to bringing together those with a variety of skills and experiences to help shape what we do and how we work.
Storyhouse is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome all applications from people within the north west community and whilst this set of auditions are focused on diversity and artists within our local community all future castings for Storyhouse productions will be made on merit.
· You must be over 18
· You must have trained and/or worked professionally as an actor
· You must have a base in the North West commutable to Chester
Due to the pandemic, all current auditions are via Self Tape:
· Please prepare a 2 minute monologue from any play.
· We do not need you to be off book, but please ensure you are very familiar with your piece
· If you play an instrument or are a strong singer, you may also prepare a short musical piece no longer than 90 seconds.
· Due to the current situations all auditions are to be submitted by Self Tape.
· Please include a full-length ident. When filming the scene, please frame the camera so that it is a head and shoulder shot.
· Please film in Landscape with a plain background and ensure that the lighting is suitable.
· Introduce yourself, where you are based and your agent at the beginning of the film and give a short explanation of why you have chosen the piece.
Please email the video using WeTransfer along with a link to your Spotlight page to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be in contact if we think you may be suitable to audition for any of our upcoming projects.
As well as being an acclaimed theatre producer with one of the most successful open-air theatres in the country, Storyhouse is a dynamic, community-led cultural charity. Our home in Chester incorporates a library, theatres and a cinema. It is one of the country’s most vibrant arts buildings, with more than one million visitors each year.