Applications are open!
Young Film Programmers will return in November 2019 and run until April 2020.
Do you love watching films? Are you passionate about cinema? Have you ever considered a career in the film industry but don’t know where to start? Would you like to choose films for festivals or for cinemas? Do you need to do voluntary work at festivals to get your foot in the door?
The Storyhouse Young Film Programmers opportunity offers 16-25 year olds the chance to understand all aspects of film programming, marketing, exhibition and distribution, giving you the opportunity to put your learning into practice and ultimately programme and produce a film festival to run at Storyhouse in March 2020.
We are looking for around 20 committed film fans ready to start this exciting programme on 21 November. Applicants must be available on Thursday evenings (6pm-8pm) to take part.
Through this programme you’ll:
· Meet industry professionals
· Learn about film programming and marketing
· Plan, run, market and host a film festival in Storyhouse
· Have the opportunity to attend film screenings
· Collaborate with like-minded film buffs
· Work towards the Silver Arts Award Qualification.
Past Young Film Programmers have taken part in the following activity:
· Selected a seasons of films to screen in Storyhouse Cinema
· Organised and hosted special film events at Storyhouse
· Selected films for the National INTO Film Festival in November 2017 for school children across the UK
· Attended the Independent Cinema Office Film Screening Days for industry professionals to watch films in advance of their cinema releases
To apply, simply fill out and submit the below form: