Storyhouse Young Film Programmers Applications are now closed.
Young Film Programmers will return in October 2019.
Check back here for details!
Do you love watching films? Are you passionate about cinema? Have you ever considered a career in the film industry but don’t know where to start? Would you like to choose films for festivals or for cinemas? Do you need to do voluntary work at festivals to get your foot in the door?
The Storyhouse Young Film Programmers opportunity offers 16-25 year-olds the chance to understand all aspects of film programming, marketing, exhibition and distribution, giving you the opportunity to put your learning into practice and ultimately programme and produce a film festival to run at Storyhouse between March 29 and 31 2019
We are looking for around 20 committed film fans ready to start this exciting programme at the end of November. Applicants must be available on Thursday evenings to take part.
Through this programme you’ll:
· Meet industry professionals
· Learn about film programming and marketing
· Plan, run, market and host a film festival in Storyhouse
· Have the opportunity to attend film screenings
· Collaborate with like-minded film buffs
· Work towards the Silver Arts Award Qualification.
Past Young Film Programmers have taken part in the following activity:
· Organised a film festival at St Mary’s Church
· Selected a seasons of films to screen in Storyhouse Cinema in the Spring and across the school summer holidays
· Selected films for the national INTO Film Festival in November 2017 for school children across the UK
· Attended the Leeds International Film Festival and Flatpack festival in Birmingham
· Attended the Independent Cinema Office Film Screening Days for industry professionals to watch films in advance of their cinema releases