Storyhouse Library is temporarily closed due to the new national lockdown, but you can still access lots of library resources online.
How do I join the library online?
If you’re not already a library member, you can now join the library online and immediately access all of Cheshire West and Chester Libraries’ online resources. If you are a member, you can skip straight to the next section.
Head here and complete the form, and then email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, date of birth and postcode and you’ll receive your card number. You’ll need the card number to access the online resources.
What will be available to me once I’ve joined?
All of the below are available for free to anyone with a Cheshire West and Chester libraries card number:
• Audiobooks: a huge range of audiobooks including the latest releases, are available to download via RBDigital. Register here for RBDigital with your library card number, or download the RBDigital app to your device.
• Newspapers: digital editions of current newspapers as well as back-copies are are available via Newsbank. Register here.
• Archives: browse the Times Digital Archive as far back as 1785 here.
Online groups for book-lovers
Looking for somewhere to talk about books during lockdown?
Not A Reading Group: every Friday at 11am on Zoom. There will be no required reading and we won’t discuss a specific title. Instead, we’ll talk about books that we’ve read, those that we’ve enjoyed, those that we would recommend and those we are looking forward to. Everyone is welcome. Here at Storyhouse Library we think that escaping into the world of books is a very good way to spend an hour. So if you agree, come and join us for book talk, whatever your preferred genre. Who knows what new titles will be added to your ‘to be read’ list?!
Young Readers: Young Readers is a new book club for young adults (14-25) where we will chat about all things book-related and work with the Storyhouse Library team to curate the Young Adult section of the Library. We will also hold events (online for now!) that are shaped by your interests. Young Readers is a book club with a twist, where we talk and do things that are book-related but are not solely about books. There will be no set reading or assignments, just come along and share your thoughts.
Library loans and limits extended due to lockdown
To alleviate some of the impact upon library users during lockdown, the following steps have been taken:
• All loans have been extended until Monday 1st March 2021
• Any fines for books due back in January and February will be waived.
• The loan limit will be increased to 30
• The limit on all renewals will be removed
The holds/reservation service is currently suspended.
• There will be no charge for holds not collected
• Hold collection time has been extended to 3 weeks, when we reopen.
• The expiry of borrower accounts will be paused
Cheshire West and Chester’s 24-hour renewal line is 03001237739.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Storyhouse library.