You can access lots of Storyhouse Library services from home.
How do I join the library online?
If you’re not already a library member, you can now join the library online and immediately access all of Cheshire West and Chester Libraries’ online resources. If you are a member, you can skip straight to the next section.
Head here and complete the form, and then email email@example.com with your full name, date of birth and postcode and you’ll receive your card number. You’ll need the card number to access the online resources.
What will be available to me once I’ve joined?
All of the below are available for free to anyone with a Cheshire West and Chester libraries card number:
• Audiobooks: a huge range of audiobooks including the latest releases, are available to download via BorrowBox library app. To use the app, install BorrowBox from your phone’s app store. To start borrowing, select Cheshire East and Cheshire West Libraries within the app and enter your library card number and PIN/Password. If you are not using a mobile device, you can access the service by logging into BorrowBox. You can loan up to five eBooks and five eAudiobooks at any one time and place holds on items that are out on loan.
• eBooks: a wide range of books to read on a computers, smartphones, tablets and eReaders are available via CloudLibrary. Register here or download the CloudLibrary app to your device.
• Newspapers: digital editions of current newspapers as well as back-copies are are available via Newsbank. Register here.
• Magazines: get access to over 5000 different magazines online using Magzter. Register here for Magzter or download the Magzter app.
• Archives: browse the Times Digital Archive as far back as 1785 here.
Cheshire West and Chester’s 24-hour renewal line is 03001237739.