Storyhouse Volunteer Role Description
We pride ourselves on our well-known, friendly approach to customers. The customer service volunteer team plays a key public-focused role, ensuring an exceptional visitor experience across Storyhouse activities and events.
• Provide knowledgeable, efficient, friendly and professional customer service to all visitors
• Assist with the smooth running of all aspects of Storyhouse including the booking of tickets and face-to-face enquires at the box office as well as cinema, library and theatre operations for events and festivals
• Directing and guiding visitors to the public areas of the building
• Supporting the accessibility of the building by engaging with visitors and assisting them with the use of our facilities
• Supporting the library in delivering a daily operation through replenishing books on the shelves and fielding any public enquiries to an appropriate member of the team
• To support the event supervisor with event delivery through meeting and greeting visitors, giving directions and to occupy the public spaces to monitor visitor behaviour and safety.
• An interest in Storyhouse and the drive to support the artistic vision and values
• Strong communication skills with a positive attitude
• To demonstrate enthusiasm, understanding and experience of customer service
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work well as part of a team
• A welcoming and friendly attitude with the confidence to approach visitors when required