Storyhouse is open!
Storyhouse is now back open for book browsing, lending, individual study and reading, computers and takeaway coffee and food. Find out more here.
Opening hours are 8am-11pm (9.30am on Sundays).
Storyhouse is in Chester City Centre, close to the Town Hall and Chester Cathedral.
Hunter Street, Chester, CH12AR.
We’re looking forward to reopening the theatre, cinema and full library and The Kitchen from 17 May.
This house is your house.
Travelling to Storyhouse
There are lots of bus routes that journey into Chester city centre and Storyhouse is around six minutes walk from Chester Bus Interchange, providing easy access from destinations such as Liverpool, Ellesmere Port, and Wrexham. To plan your bus journey, visit www.traveline.info.
By Park & Ride
Chester’s Park & Ride scheme offers two cross-city services to the city of Chester and the surrounding area. Tickets cost £2 (return) per adult and under 16s can travel free if accompanied by a paying adult. Parking is free and the buses run every 12 minutes. For more information, visit Park & Ride.
Chester Railway Station has direct routes to Cheshire, Wales, Manchester, London and Merseyside amongst othersa and is approximately a 20 minute walk from Storyhouse.
To plan your journeys please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk
Storyhouse is on Hunter Street in Chester city centre, CH12AR (near to the Town Hall and Chester Cathedral). Much of the area surrounding the building is pedestrianised with narrow streets. The nearest car parks to Storyhouse are:
Market Car Park, CH12BB
Delamere Street Car Park, CH22AY
There is now a a clockwise one-way route for most of the the inner ring road around Chester. Find out more atclockwisechester.com.
Current roadworks outside Storyhouse (the Northgate Scheme) and the new clockwise one-way road system around Chester are causing delays. Please allow plenty of extra time if you’re travelling to Storyhouse for a show or a film. Find out more about the roadworks here.
If you plan to cycle to Storyhouse, there are multiple cycle racks just outside the main entrance.
- The whole building, including the library, theatre, cinema and studio, is accessible via lift, with wheelchair access to all areas.
Fixed, counter-top and portable hearing loop systems are available across the building
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the theatre (Stalls, Circle & Galley level), studio and cinema
- Assistance Dogs are welcome throughout the building and to all events
- There is a low level counter for service at the bar in The Kitchen. For the Garret Bar, please use the end of the bar next to the window
- Large format print is available on request
- There is ramp access at all ground floor levels
- Accessible toilets are available on every floor, with a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor (main entrance)
- Baby changing facilities are provided in all accessible toilets