- The whole building, including the library, theatre, cinema and studio, is accessible via lift, with wheelchair access to all areas.
Fixed, counter-top and portable hearing loop systems are available across the building
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the theatre (Stalls, Circle & Galley level), studio and cinema
- Assistance Dogs are welcome throughout the building and to all events
- There is a low level counter for service at the bar in The Kitchen. For the Garret Bar, please use the end of the bar next to the window
- Large format print is available on request
- There is ramp access at all ground floor levels
- Accessible toilets are available on every floor, with a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor (main entrance)
- Baby changing facilities are provided in all accessible toilets
Travelling to Storyhouse
CURRENT ROADWORKS OUTSIDE STORYHOUSE (NORTHGATE SCHEME):
There are currently roadworks directly outside of Storyhouse, on the Hunter Street side. Vehicles can still drive down Northgate Street and turn onto Princess Street to access the Market Car Park. This car park can also be accessed by turning into Princess Street from St Martins Way (A5268).
Find out more at cheshirewestandcheshire/planyourtrip
There are lots of bus routes that journey into Chester city centre and Storyhouse is around 6 minutes walk from Chester Bus Interchange, providing easy access from destinations such as Liverpool, Ellesmere Port, and Wrexham. To plan your bus journey, visit www.traveline.info.
By Park & Ride
Chester’s Park & Ride scheme offers two cross-city services to the city of Chester and the surrounding area. Tickets cost £2 (return) per adult and under 16s can travel free if accompanied by a paying adult. Parking is free and the buses run every 12 minutes. For more information, visit Park & Ride.
Chester Railway Station has direct routes to Cheshire, Wales, Manchester, London and Merseyside amongst othersa and is approximately a 20 minute walk from Storyhouse.
To plan your journeys please visit www.nationalrail.co.uk
Storyhouse is on Hunter Street in Chester city centre, CH12AR (near to the Town Hall and Chester Cathedral). Much of the area surrounding the building is pedestrianised with narrow streets. The nearest car parks to Storyhouse are:
Market car Park, CH12BB
Delamere Street Car Park, CH22AY
If you plan to cycle to Storyhouse, there are multiple cycle racks just outside the main entrance.