01244 409 113
Regular Building Opening Times (including Library)
Monday-Saturday: 8am – 11pm
Sunday: 9.30am – 11pm
Bank Holidays: 9.30am – 11pm (except Christmas)
Christmas Opening Times (including Library)
Food served until 6:00pm
Bar open until 8pm
Building closes at 8pm
Food served until 9pm
Bar open until 11pm
Building closes at 11pm
Food served until 6:30pm
Bar open until 10pm
Building closes at 11pm
The whole building, including the library, theatre, cinema and studio, is accessible via lift, with wheelchair access to all areas.
- Fixed, counter-top and portable hearing loop systems available across the building
- Wheelchair spaces are available in the theatre (Stalls, Circle & Galley level), studio and cinema
- Assistance Dogs welcome throughout the building and to all events
- Low level counter for service at the bar in The Kitchen. For the Garret Bar, please use the end of the bar next to the window
- Large format print available on request
- Ramp access at ground floor levels.
- Accessible toilets are available on every floor, with a Changing Places toilet on the ground floor.
- Baby changing facilities are provided in all accessible toilets
Travelling by Bus
There are lots of Bus routes that journey into Chester city centre and we are just down the road from the Chester Bus Exchange providing easy access from destinations such as Liverpool, Ellesmere Port, and Wrexham.
To plan your journeys please visit www.traveline.info .
Travelling by Park & Ride
The Park & Ride offers two limited stop cross-city services to the city of Chester and the surrounding area. Tickets cost £2 (return) per adult and under 16s can travel free if accompanied by a paying adult. Parking is free and the buses run every 12 minutes.
For more information, please visit the Park & Ride Website.
Travelling by Rail
Chester Railway Station has great links to Cheshire, Wales and Merseyside and is approximately a 20 minute walk away from our front doors.
To plan your journeys please visit http://www.nationalrail.co.uk
Travelling by Car
You can find us on Hunter Street in Chester city centre, CH1 2HH (near to the Town Hall and Chester Cathedral). Many of the surrounding areas of the building are pedestrianised with narrow streets.
The nearest car parks to Storyhouse are:
Travelling by Bike
If you fancy getting fit and plan to cycle to Storyhouse, there are multiple cycle racks just outside the main entrance.